Second Opinion Expert is committed to protecting your health information. Our Notice of Privacy Practices explains how Second Opinion Expert will safeguard your privacy.
HIPAA and What it Means to You
HIPAA stands for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, which became a law in 1996.
HIPAA's two major areas include:
- Privacy. It provides rules regarding how your health information may be used and disclosed.
- Security. It requires specific security measures to protect health information that is sent or stored electronically.
Rights Under HIPAA
Some of the rights you have under HIPAA include the right to:
- Review and get a copy of your health and billing information
- Ask that your health and billing information be amended
- Ask for restrictions on the use of your health and billing information
- Ask for confidential communications
- File a complaint with Second Opinion Expert or with the US Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights if you feel your privacy has been violated.
Exercising your privacy rights
If you would like to obtain information on how to request to inspect and/or receive a copy of your health information; request a restriction on the use or disclosure of your health information; request confidential communications; request a disclosure of your health information; or for any other questions, please contact us at:PrivacyOfficer@nullSecondOpinionExpert.com