We may ask you for your personal identification information, including but not limited to name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and Social Security number (the “Personal Information”), when you visit the Site, register on the Site, fill out a form, and/or utilize the Services, activities, features, activities, or resources we make available on the Site. We will collect your personal identification information only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain Site-related activities, including but not limited to requesting and/or receiving Services.Medical records
In order for our consulting physicians to provide accurate second opinions regarding your health, you may be required to provide us with past and current medical records, a description of symptoms, a medical history, lifestyle descriptions, any imaging or other diagnostic test results, and other relevant medical information and/or documentation (collectively, the “Medical Information”).Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer, and technical information about Users’ means of connecting to our Site, such as the operating system, the Internet service provider utilized, the URL that you visited before you came to our Site, the URL to which you next go and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Site. Your IP address also is used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.Web browser cookies
We may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide our products and services. We may request your personal information that is necessary for us to provide the medical second opinions and other products and services we offer.
- To improve customer service. Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To improve our Site. We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process insurance claims and payments. We may use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To send periodic emails. We may use the email address to send them information and updates pertaining to their order.
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices, and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between you and the Site occurs using a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology or other similar encryption technology protected with digital signatures.Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent your Personal Information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding the Site’s visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We may disclose information that we collect about you to our third-party contractors (such as billing and collections companies) who perform services for Company in order to provide certain services or to complete or confirm a transaction that you conduct with us.
We may disclose information that we collect about you when necessary to comply with federal or state laws and other applicable legal requirements. Moreover, we may be legally obligated to disclose information about you to the government or to third parties under certain circumstances, such as in connection with illegal activity on our Site or to respond to a subpoena, court order or other legal process. The Company reserves the right to release information that we collect to law enforcement or other government officials, as we, in our sole and absolute discretion, deem necessary or appropriate.Your Protected Health Information
To the extent that your Personal Information and/or Medical Information constitutes protected health information, as defined in 45 CFR § 160.103 (“Protected Health Information”), we will use and disclose such Protected Health information only in accordance with HIPAA. Your rights regarding such Protected Health Information include:
- Right to access your Protected Health Information. You have the right to review or obtain copies of your Protected Health Information records. Your request to review and/or obtain a copy of your Protected Health Information records must be made in writing. We may charge a fee for the costs of producing, copying and mailing your requested information, but we will inform you of the cost in advance.
- Right to amend your Protected Health Information. If you feel that your Protected Health Information maintained by us is incorrect or incomplete, you may request that we amend the information. Your request must be made in writing and must include the reason you are seeking a change. We may deny your request if, for example, you ask us to amend information that was not created by us, or you ask to amend a record that is already accurate and complete. If we deny your request to amend, we will notify you in writing. You then have the right to submit to us a written statement of disagreement with our decision and we have the right to rebut that statement. (Please note that any amendment of records prepared by a different healthcare provider, which you have forwarded to us, are the responsibility of the original provider. In such an instance, you should direct your request to that provider.)
- Right to an accounting of disclosures. You have the right to request an accounting of disclosures we have made of your Protected Health Information. The list will not include our disclosures related to your treatment, our payment or health care operations, or disclosures made to you or with your authorization. The list may also exclude certain other disclosures, such as for national security purposes.
- Right to request restrictions on the use and disclosure of your Protected Health information. You have the right to request that we restrict or limit how we use or disclose your Protected Health Information for treatment, payment or health care operations.
- Right to receive confidential communications. By using the Site or the Services, you have consented to receive any confidential communications from Us as electronic communications which shall be made and can be accessed through the Site.
- Right to receive notification of a breach of your Protected Health Information. In the event of a breach of your Protected Health Information, you have the right to receive notification of such breach. You have consented to receive such notification through an electronic communication through the Site.
You may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.Advertising
24681 La Plaza, Suite 300
Dana Point, CA 92629
This document was last updated August 5, 2014.